Southside acts as a community ‘broadcaster’, and encourages local people to use their voice for the benefit of their locale.
Southside’s aims include:
• To produce a publication which will communicate, educate and inform
• Encouraging community cohesion and positively promote Wythenshawe
• Change people’s perceptions of Wythenshawe
• Act as an information service
• Enable local services and businesses to share information with the community and each other
• Advertise jobs/training opportunities
• Create employment opportunities for local people.
There are approximately 82,000 people living in the five wards that make up Wythenshawe – with this figure set to grow. The area is attracting substantial new business investment and, because of its location – on the southern edge of Manchester, with excellent road, rail and air links – with access to every corner of the UK and abroad, has exceptional commercial potential.
The demographics of Wythenshawe are changing too. Currently, there are more than 10% of residents in the AB social group and more homes are privately owned than rented – and these numbers are increasing.
Residents of traditional council built homes live and interact with those in new housing association properties and owner occupied flats and apartments. And, with ‘new build’ accommodation much in evidence, Wythenshawe, is again proving to be a sought after location to live and raise a family.
With the development and expansion of the Metrolink transport network and the emerging Airport City and Medipark sites (new local enterprise zones forecasting extensive employment opportunities), there is a growing need for a publication for the local community – residents and locally-based workers – which will inform, educate, provide a news hub and change people’s perception of Wythenshawe.
Please contact Margaret for more information
Tel: 0161 945 6015