There is 2 weeks until this programme starts and a few more places to fill.
We have a new Explore course starting in February at our Manchester Centre on the 22nd Feb. The course is targeted towards young women and anyone who identifies as female. This a great opportunity for any young women who would like to build confidence and learn new skills in a supportive environment. An ideal course for any young women looking to make the first step towards employment or education.
WHAT WILL THE COURSE INVOLVE?
- Young people will take part in a range of activities including outdoor learning, practical skills, arts, and independent living skills
- Have the opportunity to gain a Prince’s Trust Qualification in Employability
- Work on key skills such as teamwork, confidence, and communication
- Learn in a fun and supportive environment with activities tailored towards the young person’s needs
- After completing the course, they will have three months of progression support to help towards make their next steps.
Dates: Every Tuesday and Wednesday starting 22nd February 2022
Duration: Four weeks, two days per week
Location: Prince’s Trust Doug Barrowman Centre, Beehive Mill, Jersey Street, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6JG
Any travel costs will be reimbursed, and lunch and refreshments will be provided.
To be eligible for this course the young person must meet the following criteria:
- Live in Greater Manchester
- Aged 16-25
- Not currently in employment or on a zero-hours contract or working less than 16 hours per week
- Not currently in education or in education for less than 14 hours per week
If you have any young people you would like to refer or any questions about the programme, please let me know. Interested can also be registered through our Eventbrite – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/explore-tickets-239919865777